Tuesday, September 7, 2010

one week.

Apparently, I don't heal very fast.

In other news, I had a fan-freakin-tabulous evening with Arousal Girl and Angry Girl xD
Way to go, A-Team!
That was the most fun I've had in... well, a week at least!
Granted, I'm rather dizzy and my mouth hurts from all the laughter, smiling and by God that was the most talking I've done since the surgery, but it was totally worth it!
I lurv you two.

Also, I went out and bought the Supernatural season five DVD's today (woooooo!!!) as well as the Criminal Minds season five DVD's (also wooo!!)
And I FINALLY got to watch the new Supernatural gag reel.
It was flippin' hilarious. I haven't laughed that hard in a looong time. So worth the wait!
Oh, and I just remembered something from last weekend that Supernatural fans might appreciate...
When I was in Kamloops, I saw a place called "Rock Salt" (not sure if it was a bar or a restaurant or what, but I thought it was cool. we drove past in a hurry, so I didn't get to see too close)
Aaaaaannnddd, on the drive home, I saw an actual place called
"The Road House" how amazing is that?
Just thought I'd mention it, seeing as I forgot before...

So, I'm still not fully healed. -sigh-
I was poking about the internet and read that it takes 2-3 weeks before you can comfortably chew food again. Soft, easy to chew foods, sure. But actual chewing? Not for another week at least. Eff the world. No, just eff wisdom teeth. Why do we even have them in the first place if we're just gonna take 'em out anyways? (-_-')
I also read that some people only take a few days off after the surgery before going back to school/work. And here I am, a full week later, still having issues. I guess it really is quite variable. Everyone reacts differently.
But I've always been weird that way. With medications and such. My body just doesn't always respond the way it's expected to.
Take for instance, the time I went to the dentist for a filling and they put the gas mask on me (because I'm terrified of needles. full on phobia. but I'm working on it...) and I didn't react at all. Didn't feel a thing. Most people turn loopy in seconds. I sat there for a good ten minutes breathing in that foul smelling stuff and I didn't change at all.
And of course there was the time I took Atavan (again for dental work because of my needle phobia) and instead of calming me like it's supposed to, I endured the worst panic attack I've ever had. I swear on my life I will never touch Atavan again. Just thinking about what it felt like... errrhhhhh... it gives me shudders.
So, I guess I'm just weird like that.
But, I'd wager that in a few more days I'll be juuuust fine :)
And soon, I'll be eating tasty morsels with the best of 'em!
And having a crazy, crunchy party not long after that, eating only the crunchiest of foods. Chips, carrots, peanut brittle. Bring. It. On.

Huh... it's funny. When I started writing this I thought I had so many interesting things to write about, but now... I realize I've just wasted another few minutes of your life. And mine.
Yowza, sometimes I can't believe I even post this shit on the internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment