Thursday, December 2, 2010

baby you're a firework

hey, so remember that one time when I was like "yo, i'm sleepy, but i'll write a blog entry tomorrow"?
and remember how that was like, two days ago?
yeah.
whoops.

So.

Glee!!
Tuesday night was my Glee Camp showcase and it was flippin' amazing.
After 12 weeks of work (and a lot of worry on my part) we finally got this thing together.
I had so much fun! I sometimes forget how much fun it is to perform on a stage in front of a live audience. Especially one as fantastic as ours that night. There was so much cheering and clapping, it was so encouraging.
My group, the teens, joined forces with the adult group and it made for one spectacular show. We only got two rehearsals together, and one of those was day of show. There was so much talent there. Some amazing voices in the adult group, for sure. Rocketman? Ah-maze-ing.
And of course my group! Those folks are great. Sad thing is, I felt like we were only just getting to know each other. In the last few weeks we all started chatting much more and I'm sad I won't be seeing them every week. Thank God for facebook, eh? Luv y'all! Hope to see you again soon!
Being involved in this show made me realize a few things.
First of all, I miss singing. I miss having an outlet, vocally. Sitting alone in my room and singing to myself is nowhere near as fun as singing with others.
Secondly, I'm really proud of myself for how far I've come, confidence wise. I was always shy about singing, quiet in choir and never auditioned for solos. But this time around, I threw all that out the window and said to myself, "I'm doing this for me."
And it worked. While I still had nerves, of course, I was feeling so good. Except earlier in the day when I thought I'd lost my voice, because I could barely speak and it was freaking me out... honey-lemon tea and a hot shower came to my rescue and I was fine :)
There were a few minor mistakes made, but that's to be expected. There always are, at any live show. That's the very nature of it being live, and that's the risk you run.
But honestly, I feel so proud of everything we accomplished that night. I feel really good about it. It was a phenomenal night and as far as I'm concerned, a really great show.
Unfortunately, because it was on a tuesday night, this meant I missed actual Glee. (I later watched it online and got really emotional) But it was totally worth it.
And one thing is for sure,
I am most definitely joining again come january. And I cannot wait.



In other news!
I've been obsessing over Red Dwarf and Let's Lumos! lately ^.^
So, basically, this is one of the greatest things in existence
This song gets stuck in my head all the time now
and this is my new ringtone.



and now comes the part I've been dreading... updating on how far along I've gotten in rereading the Harry Potter series. I'm slightly ashamed. But before I reveal how (not-so) far I've gotten, please note that it's not from lack of trying. I am a slow reader at the best of times and as of late, I haven't had much opportunity to read. So please don't think I'm pathetic for being only as far in as I am. Plz? Okay, here goes...


Current Harry Potter Book: Philosopher's Stone
Page Number: 45

No comments:

Post a Comment