Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloweddingtober

Good evening bloggers.
This blog post comes to you in three parts.

Part One: Wedding.
On Thursday October 28th my marvelous cousin Brie and her long time beau, Sean, were wed.
It was a beautiful, intimate ceremony of close family and friends.
The venue was fantastic, with the most delectable food I have ever tasted in my life. And so fancy! I've never had such delicacies!
Brie and her fella were looking dapper, and it was touching to hear the two recite a poem called "I Like You" which was adorable in itself.
A select few others also recited poetry, and of course, as is Danish tradition, we sang a song about the happy pair.
"Brie Lynn and Sean, it took them oh so long, but finally they've gone and made it legal."
It was so nice to see my cousin Brie.
She is one of the coolest people I know (yes, that's right Brie!) and I rarely get to see her, since she lives so far away. (In Geneva, which always reminds me of Genovia, the fictional country in The Princess Diaries. I have such a hard time not mixing the two up. /embarrassing.) **
And of course, I love getting together with everybody. We're a crazy bunch and it's nice to welcome Sean officially to the family.
Though, in my eyes, he always has been. I can't remember a time without him...
While the two were here, we also had a great big brunch at my aunt and uncles house where we sang their wedding song once more.
There were so many of us, we could barely fit in the dining room!
All in all, two splendid occasions.
Congratulations Brie and Sean! May you always be happy together!


Part Two: Halloween.
I had a rather uneventful one this year.
But I still managed to wear three different costumes at three different times.
One: my Garcia costume
Two: the cat ears and long black dress I wore to work
Three: my fairy costume which I wore specifically to hand out candy
And yet, I still have a costume in my closet that has so far gone unworn...
In other costume news...
Halloween: The day when guys attempt to look as ridiculous as possible (usually in drag) and girls try to look as slutty as possible (usually attaching some kind of animal ears (lol Mean Girls) or "character" (ie. cop, fairy tale princess, french maid) to their sluttiness.)
It is also the day when most people go out and party. But I'm not into that.
I rented Scooby-Doo: Zombie Island and Casper, both of which were near impossible to find.
I had to go to three video places before I found them!!
And none of said places had Hocus Pocus.
Which is, quite possibly, the best Halloween movie ever.
But luckily, it was on Family Channel on friday night so I still got to watch it.
Love.
Seriously, I used to have the biggest crush on Max.
And Binx, too. Even though for most of the movie... he's a cat.
I was little! Leave me alone!
I also made two videos for my youtube channel, jsyk.
And handed out candy to the littluns, at work and at home.


Part Three: Everything Else.
Alright, well this is the point in the blog where I tell you about a bunch of things
that couldn't quite fit into any particular category by themselves
and so have to share one overall umbrella-like category with a few other items.
Number one, I'm in need of a girly gossip night with a certain friend which I, thankfully,
will be getting on wednesday. Thank the lord.
Number two, while others highly disagree with me, I actually rather enjoyed the
Rocky Horror Glee Show.
With the exception of the fact that any time Mr. Shue did anything, ever, I felt horribly uncomfortable and embarrassed. You are their teacher, Mr. Shue. Stop it.
And number three, I will be departing to Las Vegas in a matter of days and have yet to pack as I have no idea what the weather is like in Vegas or what I am supposed to pack for such a trip. All I have is a magazine and some almonds for the flight.

**lol yes, Shayla, your name can be in my blog.

Right, that's all from me!
DFTBA!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Rachel! I think you're pretty cool, too! What you said about Sean always having been a part of our family was very sweet. I did some math and goodness: you were only about 7 when he and I started dating! As they say in Geneva: incroyable! Speaking of Geneva, not sure if where I'll be next year but if I'm here and if you want to visit you would be most welcome. We could go to Paris for the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome! Thank you! ^.^
    Was I really that young? I guess it's no wonder I feel like he's always been there, because he has been for more than half my life!
    I would love to come visit! It would be so cool to just pop over to Paris for a weekend :) I'd like to make a Europe trip next year at some point, I've still never been to Denmark and I'd love to go back to England. And I've always wanted to visit Italy, too. I could make it a round trip! ^.^ We'll see how my finances go...

    ReplyDelete