Sunday, November 14, 2010

Prepare yourself for a nerd-splosion!

With the release date of the latest Harry Potter flick fast approaching, I find myself revisiting my box of Harry Potter memorabilia. Actually, two boxes. Including books, wands, a stuffed Hedwig backpack, a replica of an official Hogwarts letter and most importantly, a full length robe and Hogwarts uniform. Which I intend to wear this upcoming Thursday for the midnight release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part One.

However, I am missing one crucial part of my costume. A house tie. Which leads me to my next point.

I, Racheltastik, am a Hufflepuff. And damn proud, too.

Back in the day, I thought I was a Gryffindor. But I think, really, I just wanted to be in the same house as Ron Weasley because I had(have) a massive crush on him. I'd be sleazy for Ron Weasley!

But truth be told, I am a Hufflepuff through and through. 'Puff pride!

While many refer to Hufflepuff as the inferior house, I fiercely disagree. I mean, we got Tonks and Cedric, did we not? Two incredibly awesome, strong, badass characters? One who was chosen above all other eligible students at Hogwarts to participate in the Triwizard Tournament? Yeah, I'd say, we rock. (and please don't bring up the whole "sparkly vampire" crap, because just because the two characters were played by the same actor does not make them, in any way, similar. your point is invalid.)

Hufflepuffs are known mainly for their loyalty, as well as their kindness, hard work and values. Oh yes, and for being particularly good finders!

These are all characteristics that I am proud to possess. Forget the bravery, intelligence and ambition of the other Houses, I'm perfectly satisfied to be a friendly, happy Hufflepuff!

Only trouble is, it's near impossible to find* a tie to match my house. Besides online, but those tend to be pricey when you start having to add shipping and such. So I am planning a trip to a specific shop downtown which, according to the website, carries certain Harry Potter related merchandise. Thanks for the tip Krista K!

I am also planning a trip to Seattle and Orlando in the near future.

Seattle for the Harry Potter exhibition at the Pacific Science Center (Road trip, hey bffs? maybe take the train? stay at a cheap hotel/my time share and spend a weekend just us girls? plz say yus.)

Orlando for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter theme park at Universal Studios. As Harry Potter fan, it is my dream to go to Hogwarts. And this is about as close as one can possibly get. But of course, this won't be until next summer or so. Sooner, with any luck.

I would also love to attend a Harry Potter conference or convention because that would be amazing. I had so much fun at the Supernatural convention, I can only imagine an HP one xD


OTHER HARRY POTTER RELATED AWESOME-NESS:

W-Rock

I also listen to a little Wizard Rock, such as The Parselmouths and Harry and the Potters. Songs written about the books, movies and fandom? Super cool.

Potter Puppet Pals

Oh, come on. You must have seen PPP. Brilliant little skits, performed by puppets, and written by Neil Cicierega?

Omegleshit

Ever heard of that website omegle? it's an anonymous chat site. this tumblr account is dedicated to sharing the ridiculous encounters of one Potter obsessed fan who goes on that website, pretending to be any number of characters from the books, with hilarious results.

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY.

A Very Potter Musical. A highly successful, TOTALLY AWESOME, musical parody of the series which should be watched by one and all! Because it is truly hilarious, brilliantly written and chock full of talent. Such as the amazingly dreamy Darren Criss, whose voice could make the iceberg that hit Titanic melt into a puddle of mush. He is a dreamboat. And also happens to have made an appearance on Glee! And is set to return many more times, possibly to become a series regular! I am beyond excited about this! And I believe I may have frightened a few Gleeks due to my incessant rambling about how amazing Darren Criss is.



That is all for now.


Now, if you'll excuse me, I've gotta go polish my raddish earrings and dig out my S.P.E.W. pin.

PEACE OFF.


4 comments:

  1. Simone just went to the exhibit in Seattle. No word yet on how it was, but I saw a picture of her and she had a HUGE bag from the gift shop. If you're looking for a good hotel that doesn't cost too much, try The Moore. It's very centrally located, so it's easy to get places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh boy oh boy! I can't wait for the gift shop! I'll probably come out with a huge bag, too! I just sent a friend request to Simone on facebook :)
    Thanks! My friends and I definitely need somewhere inexpensive. My parents said they might be able to find a place connected to our time share, so we'll see how it goes. It's good to have a back up option though so thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the HELL is a Hufflepuff?
    Lol. I might mention that there's a kids store down here on Granville island that sells some Harry Potter stuff. It's so so though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's actually the place we want to go, I think. The website said there's one on Granville Island. We might be going on wednesday.

    ReplyDelete