Wednesday, November 24, 2010

nostalgia

I've been feeling pretty nostalgic today.
First, I was listening to a cover of Baby One More Time played on acoustic guitar by an old time love of mine, Brendon Urie. Still a fan, not gonna lie. Great voice. cute face /iswaitingfornewP!ATDrecord
And I've now moved on to reminiscing about many other things.
For example.
this blog reminded me of the many awesome things about being a child of the 90's.
this show reminds me of my favourite show Big Wolf on Campus.
I also picked up the dvds of Red Dwarf at the library today (a childhood favourite of mine. a great old British sci-fi comedy.) I'm stoked to start watching tonight. Haven't watched in ages. Not since my sister's friend brought over all her dvds and we had a marathon last year... that was fun :)
Oh yes! And I have decided to reread the entire Harry Potter series.
I'll be honest, I haven't read any of the books more than once. There are a few reasons for this. First of all, I'm not much of a rereader of any sort, no matter how much I love a book. Not too sure why, but I've never been able to finish when I decide to read a novel a second time. Another reason is my crippling fear that it would ruin my childhood. I thought, for whatever reason, that reading them now that I'm older would somehow diminish my love for the series. That I would somehow lose the whimsy and focus too much on the flaws. But I have decided that this is impossible because I hold so much love and sentimental attachment to the series that I don't think anything could change that. And with fresh eyes and a new found perspective, it might make for an interesting read. I'm so much more involved and attached to the characters than I was back then and I believe that I have now a greater appreciation and understanding of the stories. Things that may have seemed trivial at the time now have deeper meaning, and it will be interesting to pick up on subtle hints and plot developments.
I will let you know how it goes.
I've also been thinking back on high school and the musicals and some awesome times in choir, drama and the hole. Yeah. I miss high school. Is that weird?
It's been a long, tiring day and I think I'm about ready to curl up with my stuffed animal and drift off to dreamland.
Goodnight, all.


Current Harry Potter Book: Philosophers Stone
Page Number: 0

No comments:

Post a Comment