Saturday, October 23, 2010

super confident!

So, weirdest thing, I've been feeling really super confident the past two days.
It's highly out of character for me.
Yesterday, I went to Glee Camp (yes, I'm in Glee Camp. and it's awesome so stfu.) and I auditioned for four solos!
Now, a year ago, you couldn't pay me to audition for a solo. In all my years of Jazz Choir in high school I think I auditioned for possibly three solos ever.
Yet, for whatever reason, last night I just whipped 'em all out like it was no sweat off my back.
I even auditioned for songs I hadn't prepared for, just because I felt like it!
And not only that, but I was so chill about it.
Any other time in the history of ever, I'd've freaked the fuck out, psyched myself out so hard.
I would've been shaking and terrified, and more than likely would've screwed up just due to nerves.
How strange is it then, that last night I sang so easily?
It is indeed strange.
Even stranger still is that that confidence I seemed to have last night seeped over into today and I was very friendly and outgoing all day at work. I was talking with customers, answering tons of questions, offering up small talk and general chit chat. I've never done that before.
Hm. I kind of like this feeling.
Being confident, I mean.

I landed one solo, but I now have to wait for an email about the rest because there were a couple other girls who auditioned for the same ones.
It's only been a day, but I'm already antsy!
I think I've checked my email about a dozen times since last night!
I can't get all of them, but maybe at least one more...








(Y'know what's even weirder?)
((I can honestly say that I was the strongest soloist to audition))
(((and if it weren't for the whole 'fairness' thing, I deserve to get all four solos, voice wise.)))
(((( I've never in my whole life been confident enough to even think that.))))

No comments:

Post a Comment