Saturday, October 16, 2010

the demon barber of fleet street.

So, I have this friend. Lovely and talented, she is. And she is currently in a production of Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street playing the role of Johanna.

So, tonight, myself, my friend Stefana and her boyfriend Matt, went to see said production. And I want to get this all typed up before I come down off the incredible high that I am currently on.

The show itself was fantastic, truly it was. Engaging, creepy and strong. And some great little tricks, including glitter blood. Err, that sounds weird. But it was so well done and so cool. The characters were all well cast and well played. And the intimate setting, being so up close to the actors made it all the more powerful.

And of course, Krista (my aforementioned friend in the cast) was phenomenal. The girls voice is so crisp and beautiful, it could bring tears to the eyes of the burliest of men. I kid you not. She has made me cry with her singing on many an occasion. And I tell you, she was practically born to sing Green Finch and Linnet Bird.

But if we're being honest, the grandest part of the evening was, for me at least, the interactions and conversations between Fana, Matt and I. Fana and I fell into old patterns and synchronized Supernatural quoting etc, which I have so sorely missed. And it was great to finally get to know Matt a bit better, as I've not spent much time with him before.
I sincerely hope I didn't scare the poor boy, because let's face it, I was being a bit obnoxious. But y'see, I've been so starved for social interaction outside of work lately, that I essentially exploded tonight.

And that is exactly why I am so splendiferously happy at the moment.
It's been a long while since I went out and did something fun with people I like.
(With the exception of a really awesome Thanksgiving dinner spent with Supernatural fans and friends, which was uberly fun and I kinda forgot to blog about... whoops! sorry!! That was a great night, too!)
And it was such a welcome end to a shit day at work.

I've just really missed laughing. And boy did I ever laugh tonight!
Which sounds strange, considering Sweeney Todd isn't exactly a comedy. But like I said, it was the before, after and intermission bits that were hilarious. I have tried and tried to write up the story of what exactly happened during those times, but I just can't do it justice! It's kind of a 'you had to be there' story, I think. But I know that I will read this back one day and know exactly what I'm talking about.

Ultimately, I just want to say that I had a spectacularly awesome night with some awesome people at an awesome show and I'm happy to have had this experience. I'd like another one soon please.

Kthnxbai.

No comments:

Post a Comment