Sunday, February 27, 2011

Grease Is The Word.

First of all, I have to say that I am so beyond blown away by the talent at NWSS. And I'm not just talking about the students, though of course they are amazing, but I mean the teachers and staff as well. They are all miracle workers. Every production or performance I have ever seen or been involved in at N-Dub has been phenomenal. And Grease was no exception. With powerhouses in every role and stunning choreography, sets and costumes, how could they go wrong? Having been apart of previous performances and Grease being a personal favourite of mine, I went in with high expectations and a strong bias. But the show exceeded every expectation I had in my head. They truly went above and beyond. Not only were their main characters, Sandy and Danny, played to perfection, but each and every secondary character had life and personality bursting out the seams. There were times when the leads were most definitely upstaged by the antics of other characters. And the harmonies! By golly, were they ever tight! Nothing better. And goodness gracious, the dances? They had me itching to jump right out of my seat and join right in! The show was so stunning it gave me chills (no pun intended) I was so overwhelmed, I spent the duration of the performance with my hands on my face, pushing back tears. All in all, a fantastic show. Words cannot express how tremendously proud I am of everyone involved! Congratulations!

But seeing Grease last night has filled me with such an overwhelming surge of nostalgia. I want to be in a show. I miss that. So so much. There's an indescribable feeling when you step out on that stage. Not to mention the incredible camaraderie when you've spent countless hours together in rehearsals. The friendships made and memories formed are impossible to replace. I miss you all. I wish I could go back and do it all over again. But for now I will continue to return to NWSS to watch every upcoming production as I'm sure they will be fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment