Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Lisping Lisa...

Sooo today marks the weekaversary of my top braces and unfortunately I'm not adjusting to them quite as quickly as the bottom ones. I still have a rather terrible lisp and it's beginning to be a problem for singing and is certainly embarrassing when I speak. I have decided to start a new personal project, where by I record myself speaking the lengthy speech exercise I was given by the orthodontist on a daily basis so I can listen and track my progress. I'm supposed to read the thing aloud "three times per day, until [my] speech sounds normal. This usually takes just a few days" Ahh, well, things never go quite right for me, do they?

In other news, I have been rehearsing with my dad's band for a gig this upcoming Saturday. It's for a fundraiser put on by the Wild West Cancan Dancer Society (which both my mum and I are a part of) to raise funds for Elyse's medical treatments. It's a very personal thing for our family, and when the Cancan ladies offered to do it we felt embarrassed and uncomfortable at first, but soon realized it is a very nice gesture which in the end will help us out a great deal, both financially and mentally since we won't be so stressed about the high costs of Elyse's treatments. (run on sentence ftw) I will be performing two songs with the band during their first set of the evening, as well as singing two songs earlier in the evening in a karaoke style format. The two solo songs sung with backing track were just sort of thrown at me about two days ago and since then I've been scrambling to find something to sing. It's nerve wracking. But I think I've sorted it out... now I have to friggin figure out how to get the instrumental tracks to play through their sound system at the venue...

OH OH OH!!!
Aaaaaannd I got a job interview for this thursday afternoon! I am pretty stoked on that! I really hope I get it because it's so close to my house. I can walk there! :) But now of course I'm freaking out because job interviews friggin suck and I have to figure out what to wear and what to ask them and prepare answers for their inevitable questions and blah blah blah. Uggghh so much work to get work. Ya know? But hey, at least it'll be money towards VidCon.

I feel like I'm blogging nexopia style. I fall into this habit every once in a while, I hope that's okay. Maybe, today, it's because I was reading through a bunch of old blog entries on nex recently...

Ah, well. I was supposed to go to bed relatively early tonight, but apparently that's not happening. It is almost midnight, after all. But I suppose if I hit the hay right about now....... well, it won't be early but it certainly won't be late. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment