Saturday, March 20, 2010

You Are The Only Exception

Ahh, the satisfaction of creativity.
When inspiration meets determination, good things can happen.

Today, I had a very good guitar lesson.
Next week, I will start work on actual songs, so that's rather exciting.
(I've only been taking lessons for about six weeks)
My teacher is very encouraging and says she likes to challenge her students because "what's the point in taking lessons if you aren't progressing?"
Nicely put, teacher, nicely put.
So because of this, I decided I would try to teach myself a song and show her it next week.
So far, it's actually going pretty well.
I found a song I really like, with easy chords that I already know, and a relatively simple strumming pattern and away I went.
I've been playing and playing and happily singing along.
Of course, now my fingers are burning because I haven't build up callouses yet, so I've stopped.
But it feels good to release some of that pent up creative energy.
Now I want to go belt out a couple songs with my gal pals and go to Michaels and buy craft supplies and make jewelry or something ^.^

Wooo creativity!!

No comments:

Post a Comment