Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Alice In Wonderland review

I just went and saw a pre-screening of Alice In Wonderland.
I won't get too spoilery, considering it's not officially released until friday, but I will say this...
It was perfectly marvelous.

I thoroughly enjoyed every second of it.
I even liked the 3D, and I'm usually not a fan.
But it was great, really well done.
I honestly felt like when things were flying out at me in 3D,
I wanted to dodge out of the way, just on instinct.
And the effects were wonderfully neat and interesting.
The film had a... MirrorMask-esque feel to me,
and I wanted it to end like MirrorMask,
but of course it didn't.
At first I didn't like the Cheshire Cat,
well, no, not so much that I "didn't like him"
but more or less that I was afraid I wouldn't like him.
But he really grew on me and by the end, he was easily a favourite.
The relationship between Alice and Hatter was splendid,
I really enjoyed that.
And I loved Johnny's portrayal of the Hatter,
no matter what anyone else says.
The queens were great in their exaggeration.
The Tweedles were hilarious, as expected.
And all the animals and creatures were delightful as well.
The Caterpillar was played by Alan Rickman,
a casting choice I don't exactly agree with,
but was decent none the less.
Alice's costumes were stunning.
The jacket she wore at the end of the film was just too gorgeous,
I wanted to snatch it right off the screen.

All in all, a spectacular show.
I laughed, I cried, I felt I had gone mad.
And here's a secret... "the best people in the world are."

No comments:

Post a Comment