Wednesday, September 7, 2011

So long, Peter Pan.

"Thank you from every piece of my heart. To grow up will be an awfully big adventure. "


I have been thinking about this a lot in the past couple of days. Silly, isn't it? To care so much about someone I've never met portraying a character who doesn't exist? But it is a magical thing to find a Disney face character who so embodies that person, that you almost secretly want to believe they really are them... He was the best Peter Pan I've ever seen in any book, movie, play or online video. It's sad to think I never got the chance to meet him. I was there not too long ago, but sadly it was not My Peter that day. But I think what's more sad is that the littlun's will no longer have such a spectacular Peter Pan around to go on adventures with in Disney Land. Ah, well, perhaps another Peter will step up to the plate. There's something so magical about Spieling's portrayal that I don't think will ever quite be matched.
"Never say goodbye, because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting."
But you shall not be forgotten, Spieling Peter, but you will be sorely missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment