Thursday, August 26, 2010

spn.

I've never really given much thought to the concept of a 'best day of my life' but today could be referred to as just that.
I spent the day with a few friends and many people I've never even met before and I had the time of my life.
You know those moments where you just stop and think to yourself, "My God, I'm glad to be alive."?
Yeah, the whole day felt like that.
Obsession is love, people.
What could possibly be more fun than spending an entire day with like-minded people, obsessed with the same thing as you are? in this case, a tv show.
Yes, it's nerdy. Yes, it's a little weird. But by golly is it ever fun!
To be able to squee and quote and reference and understand each other and not receive any "wtf" stares!
I laughed so much I snorted, lost my breath, and my cheeks were sore!
By the end of the night, we'd taken to adding "That's what she said" and "In my pants" to the end of every sentence, which made the car ride home that much more enjoyable.
If I weren't so damn tired (it being the middle of the night and all) I'd write out a few hilarious quotes of the day.
OH! But some really cool things happened too!
So, I've lived here my whole life, I've been downtown a million times, I know that there are constantly celebrities and actors in the city to film whatever movie/tv show etc that they happen to be doing, but I've never in all my life just randomly seen someone walking around or shopping or anything of the sort. (lawl run on sentence)
Today, however, I saw four.
The Ashmore twins, (who are shockingly good looking irl. not that they aren't on screen as well, but wooo damn.) the kid from Diary of a Wimpy Kid (yeah, whatever, who cares right?), and, get this... Mitch Pileggi, who played Samuel Campbell in Supernatural!! Grandpa Winchester! (this means nothing to non-Supernatural fans, but means just about everything to us)
He was sitting directly behind us at Earls at the end of the night, how amazing is that?!
And, after finding out that it was one girl's birthday at our table (Happy Birthday Stephanie!), he actually came over to our table to chat, take pictures and sign autographs.
We explained that we were all big Supernatural fans, and were all (except me) going to the convention this weekend, which he is not in fact attending. I believe he's here for filming. For Supernatural. I could be wrong though. Uhh, spoiler alert? I guess... whoops.
Anywhoo!
My mind is on over drive and I can't really remember what I came on here to write about anymore, so I guess I'll end this here.

Tomorrow morning I'm off to Kamloops for my cousin's wedding. It shall be amazing.
Upon my return I will edit and upload my New York video, the footage from today, and hopefully the footage from the wedding as well.
Hm. Well, maybe not all in the same night. But I'll try to get it all done asap.

Shit. I should really go to bed.
Goodnight world, you are a lovely and beautiful place.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear you had fun! Sounds like epic fun. Also meeting grandpa is really cool.
    I know what you mean about that best day of your life feeling. Lol, I just blogged about that sort of thing. :P
    Tis a good day for all. Weeeee! Give my best to your bride-cousin. :)

    ReplyDelete