Friday, April 2, 2010

Just a few things before bed

Hello blogger, it's been a while.
I suppose I've just been busy... but not really.
More like lazy... sorry about that.

So!
I'm moving... and starting this week, we'll be purging like mad and packing boxes.
I'm rather excited to go through old things and see what I can find.
When you move, you find all sorts of things you forgot you had.
Things you thought you'd lost and stopped looking for, things you truly don't remember ever owning, things from your childhood that you've held onto for years purely for the memories attached to them.
It should be good.
Therapeutic, really.

This week has been quite fabulous.
Particularly the past few days.
I spent time with most of my pals at various times, and it was so nice to catch up and have some fun, because I hardly get to see any of them anymore (particularly the three I spent four and a half hours with at metrotown on thursday.)
I miss all of these ladies, and certainly need to have more of them in my life.

Tomorrow there's going to be an enormous family gathering at my Morfar's place to celebrate his 80th birthday and his girlfriends 85th.
It's going to be huge.
Relatives (well, technically not related to me, since Yrsa isn't my grandmother.) from all over the place.
Good food, good company (Mostly... I'm anticipating a lot of awkward conversations and introductions to people I've never met) and good atmosphere.
My aunts and my mum are re-writing a song to honour Finn and Yrsa.
It's a Danish tradition for large gatherings and special occasions such as this.

I'm listening to songs from Joseph and getting rather excited (and antsy!) to see it at RCMT.
Deerrrrggg, I need to get those dang tickets from my cousin!

This post is rather ugly, and if I weren't so distracted, I'd probably do something about that.
But I can't seem to focus, on anything, and I'm very hungry.
So.... I guess your poor little eyes will just have to suffer.
Sorry.
(>.<)

No comments:

Post a Comment