Tuesday, April 13, 2010

deliciousness


we today was a day full of deliciousness.
my mum and i went to the most amazing cafe for lunch.
we were driving by and saw their little sign that read
"gluten free treats" so we decided to stop in.
not only was it gluten free, but all of it was vegetarian/vegan.
now normally, i'm not one for vegetables at the best of times, horribly unhealthy i know, (when I was a small child my mum would grate carrots on top of my potatoes or tacos and tell me it was cheese, or that the beans were actually "meat beans" just to get me to eat them)
but I cannot deny the pure deliciousness of the meal.
we had a gluten free, vegetarian pizza that was so incredible, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.
and a fabulous salad with cardamom and various delicious fruits and veggies, and a cup of their fantastic dahl soup.
everything was so satisfying and wonderful, plus the service was great, the lady behind the counter was just so friendly.
we also ordered up a couple of muffins to take home because they were just s'dang good and gluten free, too!
and the deliciousness didn't stop there.
after that we travelled on down to the culinary school where the students sell off the days preparations.
we bought a couple desserts, which the two of us ate over perfectly cooled and creamed cups of coffee at starbucks.

it was such a lovely day.
i even managed to snag a cute skirt at Winners for only $9!

my taste buds have been sent atinglin' and i will most definitely be returning to that cute little cafe again!

2 comments:

  1. join me in the ranks of becoming a future foodie!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. mmm yes, my mother and I have decided that we are indeed foodies to a certain degree. nothing more satisfying than good eats!

    ReplyDelete