Monday, February 22, 2010

a working girl.

So, I started my new job.
My... first job, actually.
At a chocolate shop.
I've only been there two days, and I already had a small disaster.
Today, I spilled a massive amount of waffle cone mix. twice.
It was kind of hilarious actually.
There's this dispenser we use to get the right amount of batter to make a cone. First, after making a whole batch of batter and filling the dispenser to the brim, it wasn't working at all and nothing was coming out, so we had to empty it and reload it.
Then after that, the seal thing was effed.
I squirted out one waffle, put the dispenser on the counter behind me, then turned to close the waffle iron, and by the time i turned back around, it had spilled out
all over the counter and was oozing onto the floor.
It was a disgusting mess.
Yesterday, I had no major screw-ups or mistakes, so I think I kind of jinxed myself for today.
But, on the bright side, I managed to make two useable waffle cones (after making six non-usable ones, because they had holes in the bottom D: lol)
Aaaannd, I'm getting better at scooping the ice cream, which I was so terrible at yesterday, I actually had one person give it back to me and demand I fix it, no word of a lie.
Aahh, the joys of starting a new job.

No comments:

Post a Comment