Friday, February 19, 2010

Proud to be Canadian!

Tonight I had a most marvelous evening!
I went out with a friend, who, for privacy reason, I shall refer to as Ginny.
We went to an awesome concert of a band I had kind of forgotten about, Mariana's Trench and watched an epic fireworks display and celebrated our Canadian-ness and the Olympic-y-ness. Uhh yeah.
The show was fantastic, and it really rekindled my love for that band.
It's been quite a while since I really listened to their music, and so was a little lost as to the lyrics of the songs they played, but I tried to sing along as best I could with the little knowledge I do have.
And of course, rocked out pretty hard to the songs that I do know, since I was a big fan not long ago.
I'll have to brush up on my knowledge of their latest album (I say latest, but it actually came out a year ago) before I go to the next concert on the 26th.
They're very talented, and their use of four part harmonies just makes my heart melt.
I just wish I could've heard them a bit better, there seemed to be some technical difficulties involving the mic.
Still a really great show, with some hilarious stage banter! Ahh, that's the best part! Segues and chit chat. So grand.
All the Olympics stuff was pretty spectacular, too.
I felt so proud to be a part of the whole thing.
There was a sense of camaraderie that was inexplicable.
Like we were all a big happy family and so proud of where come from and where we live.
It was just an all around great night.
I thoroughly enjoy spending time with Ginny, she's such a lovely girl with many interesting things to say.
Whist talking with her tonight, I told her of my love for a few things which I thought I would share here on my blog.
The first of which is Baman, Piderman.
A silly little cartoon on the internet with some cute characters and very strange plots (if you can call them that...)
So, here's the first episode I ever saw, Find Da Sandwich.
But you should really watch one of the later ones with the funny theme song!

The other thing we talked about was Pushing Daisies, an adorably quirky show about a Pie Maker who can bring dead things back to life.
Of course, there's much more to it than that, but you'll have to watch and see for yourself. (and I'm afraid I might have ruined a lot of it for Ginny, as I couldn't seem to keep my mouth shut about how much I love it. I just couldn't contain my squee!)

And lastly, a variety of YouTubers I very much enjoy.

Oh yes! and Wizard Rock!
I especially love this one song by The Boyz Who Lived
The chorus is just so catchy!

That is all I can think of for right now... and I'm pretty tired after such an amazing night.
I already had a mug of delicious white hot chocolate, so I'm feeling all cozy and ready for bed.
Good night my little blog friends ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment