Friday, July 15, 2011

HP7part2

I am feeling such an overwhelming array of emotions right now.
Namely, confusion.
I feel as though it hasn't quite sunk in just yet.
It's difficult for me to get a handle on what just happened.
It's over. That's it, that's the end. No more.
I don't think I can deal with that.
Is it pathetic to be this emotionally invested?
Pathetic or passionate?
Let's go with the latter.
Although I don't claim to be some sort of Potter genius, there are plenty more knowledgable than I and plenty more dedicated too, but I still care. And I care a lot.
I grew up with this franchise. I remember waiting for my Hogwarts letter, the anticipation before I turned 11 and the great crash of disappointment when it never came.
I don't think anything has, can or ever will compare to the impact Harry Potter has had on my life. On all of our lives.
I wish my brain were clear so I could accurately explain my thoughts, but at 3:30 in the morning... that's pretty much hopeless.
There's so much I want to say, but I find myself speechless.
At the start of the movie, Claire and I stuck our wands in the air and yelled "I solemnly swear I'm up to no good." a beautiful moment to be sure (not to mention hilarious)
The plan was at the end to hold our wands high and proclaim "Mischief managed!" but I found myself so emotional, I couldn't bring myself to do it. I forgot, really. I was too busy crying and sobbing to even notice.
I think I'm more upset at the idea of it being over than I am with most of the actual events in the film. Or book, whichever.
In my mind, I like to pretend most of those characters didn't die and that a lot of the seventh book never happened (not a big fan of the last book for multiple reasons which may or may not change upon rereading in the future but currently... not so much)
Okay, whoa. I'm sorry blog. I have to go to bed. I've been attempting to write this for a good half hour and I simply cannot do it anymore. I need to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment