Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 07 - A picture of your most treasured item


I'm very sentimentally attached to a lot of objects, which is probably not the best thing but it's most definitely true. That being said, I found it very difficult to pick a singular most treasured item. I tried to think of an object that I would sorely miss if it were gone, something irreplaceable, and this came to mind. I decided to go with a long lost necklace of mine because even though it's been approximately a year, possibly more, since I last had it in my possession I still treasure it dearly. My mum gave it to me when I was really little and for a long time I wore it every day. It was a safety net, a security blanket type item that for some strange reason made me feel safe and calm just wearing it. I played with it when I was nervous or scared and to this day I find myself clutching for it, even though I know it's not there.
Nervous habit, I suppose...


No comments:

Post a Comment